BLS Provider Manual 2015
BLS is the foundation for saving lives after cardiac arrest. The AHA’s BLS Course has been updated to reflect new science in the 2015 American Heart Association Guidelines Update for CPR and Emergency Cardiovascular Care (2015 AHA Guidelines for CPR and ECC). This video-based, Instructor-led course teaches both single-rescuer and team basic life support skills for application in both in-facility and pre-hospital settings.
After successfully completing the BLS Course, students should be able to:
- Describe the importance of high-quality CPR and its impact on survival
- Describe all of the steps of the Chain of Survival and apply the BLS concepts of the Chain of Survival
- Recognize the signs of someone needing CPR
- Perform high-quality CPR for adults, children and infants
- Describe the importance of early use of an AED and demonstrate its use
- Provide effective ventilations by using a barrier device
- Describe the importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and perform as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Describe the technique for relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
The BLS Provider Manual contains all of the information students to know to successfully complete the BLS Course. The BLS Provider Manual is designed for use by a single user and as a student reference tool pre- and post-course.
Following are the specifications for the BLS Provider Manual:
- 8.375” x 10.875” manual
- Includes 96 pages of full-color images and text
- Contained within a full-color soft cover
- Includes a 4” x 6.5”, 3-panel BLS Reference Card (not sold separately)
Panel content includes:
Critical Concepts, BLS Healthcare Provider Adult Cardiac Arrest Algorithm-2015 Update, BLS Healthcare Provider Pediatric Cardiac Arrest Algorithm for the Single Rescuer-2015 Update, BLS Healthcare Provider Pediatric Cardiac Arrest Algorithm for 2 or More Rescuers-2015 Update, Summary of High-Quality CPR Components, Relief of Foreign-Body Airway Obstruction
This course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and pre-hospital settings.
Replaces old part # 90-1038
ISBN # 978-1-61669-407-4