AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers
The Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers Classroom Course is designed to provide a wide variety of healthcare professionals the ability to recognize several life-threatening emergencies, provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in a safe, timely and effective manner.
What Does This Course Provide?
CPR Choice has curated this course for optimal efficiency, instilling proficiency and confidence in healthcare providers by sharing our real-world knowledge and experience in the field with proven teaching techniques for mastering AHA BLS for Healthcare Providers.
The new AHA guidelines provide a science-driven approach with a curriculum including practiced skill set for healthcare providers who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as respond to other life-threatening emergencies, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings. This course gives providers the ability to perform several live-saving actions including: provide CPR, use an AED, and relieve choking in adults, children and infants along with the latest research and CPR guidelines from the AHA.
Key changes in basic life support, reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- Critical concepts of high-quality CPR
- The American Heart Association Chain of Survival
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- 2-Rescuer CPR and AED for adult, child and infant
- Differences between adult, child and infant rescue techniques
- Bag-mask techniques for adult, child and infant
- Rescue breathing for adult, child and infant
- Relief of choking for adult, child and infant
- CPR with an advanced airway*
*This is an introduction to the compression/ventilation rate and ratio for a patient who has an advanced airway in place. For more information on advanced airways, please refer to the Airway Management Course.
This course is for healthcare professionals who need to know how to perform CPR, as well as other lifesaving skills, in a wide variety of in-hospital and out-of-hospital settings.
The course is designed for healthcare providers such as:
- Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs)
- Respiratory Therapists
- Physical and Occupational Therapists
- Physician’s Assistants
- Residents or fellows
- Medical or nursing students
- Fire Fighters/Police Officers
- Video based course ensures consistency
- Instructor led, hands on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Student manual (Available in eBook) comes with new Pocket Reference Card, designed to provide quick emergency information to the rescuer at any time.
- Updated Science based content
According to AHA’s official guidelines, the Initial Provider Course requires approximately 4.5 hours* to complete, including skills practice and skills testing.
Renewal Course requires approximately 4 hours*, including skills practice and skills testing. However, CPR Choice has been able to combine video learning with hands-on CPR training, along with a 1:1 manikin to student ratio, resulting in faster course completion time for both initial and renewal attendees!
*course time based on 1 instructor: 6 student: 2 manikins
Course Completion Card or Certificate
American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Providers Course Completion Card is valid for two years.
In the classroom, students participate in simulated clinical scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an AHA BLS Instructor to complete BLS skills practice and skills testing. Students also complete a written exam.
Thanks for choosing CPR Choice. The Choice is Yours! Learn CPR, Save Lives. Your Source For:
- CPR Training and Certification
- Adult CPR
- Child CPR
- Infant CPR
- Healthcare Professional Re-certification
- First Aid Education
- Use of Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Conscious and Unconscious Choking/Foreign Body Airway Obstruction
- Two Year Certification
- American Heart Association Official Training Site
- Providing Professional CPR and First Aid Certification Classes to the Knoxville Area Since 2005
- Friendly Staff, Quality Training, and Cards Received at Class!
Serving the Eastern Tennessee, Knoxville, Oakridge, Lenoir City, Sevierville, and Maryville areas including counties: Knox, Blount, Loudon, Monroe, and Sevier as well as Tri-Cities area including Kingsport, Bristol, Johnson City, and Morristown. CPR Choice is your source for professional, personalized and express CPR classes that fit your schedule and time frame!