It IS Possible to Eat Healthy During the Holidays!
Over the past few weeks, the same topic of discussion continues to come up in conversation- how can I avoid extra weight gain over the holidays? We all love to gather with family and friends and it seems every event is centered around food! CPR Choice has compiled a list of the tips we use to help maintain during the holidays and we wanted to share with our customers.
- Start the day with a healthy breakfast. Make this a requirement for your family and it is a great way to spend quality time with family and friends and a wholesome way to start the day.
- Choose lean meats and veggies at your big meals. Turkey is a lean meat and is staple for most holidays here in the South and also challenge your family to fill up on veggies too. Monitor your intake of carbs and sugary items. It’s a holiday so of course you can have some goodies but chose smaller portions!
- Hydrate! Avoid the sugary sodas and drink your water throughout the day to help with the additional sodium intake. Having chilled and/or fruit water readily available will help you remember to drink and also help fill you up so you won’t overindulge.
- Slow down…this time of year always goes too fast and we all know life is precious! So savor every bite (eating s-l-o-w-l-y) as much as you do the conversation with your family & friends.
- Schedule some time outside (weather permitting). After dinner, stroll thru the neighborhood, or drive to park to take a stroll. This is a great way to spend time together and get a little exercise to help avoid any extra pounds.
So you don’t have to miss out, you just have to make better choices. Remember it’s a four letter word- P L A N! You will be more successful. We promise! Enjoy!