As you are busy prepping for a Thanksgiving feast with family and friends, CPR Choice wants to wish you a day filled with love and memories! Thanksgiving Day in the south is a house full of family and friends enjoying a full menu including turkey, ham and all the fixings and a day focused on all the things you are thankful for and sometimes take for granted.
To help our family focus on the quality of our time together, we set some family goals that will hopefully become tradition for Thanksgiving weekend and we wanted to share:
- Disconnect- Make a pact with your family to avoid all technology, only exception is to call and wish someone a Happy Thanksgiving. Take the time to actually interact, be engaged and catch up with your family and friends.
- Cook together- We think this is a wonderful opportunity to spend quality time with loved ones and even pick up some tricks in the kitchen. Allow your children the opportunity to help with cooking too and build some sweet bonds that will last a lifetime.
- Take pictures- We love photos and documenting our time together! Capture the kitchen moments, the naps and the crowd around the TV watching football!
- Play games/watch movie- create a tradition to watch a movie together every season and/or play a family game. Again this is a great way to make some memories, especially with children
- Nap- Don’t forget to rest & cuddle with your loved ones! If you have the opportunity, create a stress free situation where you and your family can be completely relaxed. Our worlds move at such a fast pace, take advantage of some down time with the folks you love.
- Make a plan to give back- supporting our community is important to CPR Choice and we want our entire family to be involved in helping “give back”. Our plans for the next year include focusing on volunteer opportunities in our community, helping our local food banks, and supporting local Christmas charities. Currently we are collecting peanut butter for 2nd harvest food bank. Bring a jar of PB to class and get a $5 discount!
CPR Choice challenges you to set some goals for you and your family this year too! Happy Thanksgiving from our CPR Choice family to yours!