Go Red for Women
Did you know – 1 in 3 women die of heart disease and stroke every year and approximately 80% is preventable!
Go Red for Women on National Wear Red Day, This Friday, Feb. 6!
CPR Choice Offers Free Family & Friends CPR Class! Cardiovascular disease is the No. 1 killer of American women and men. Women are more likely than men to have heart disease or a stroke, and 1 in 3 will die. At CPR Choice, our mission is to save lives. February is American Heart Month. The goal is to raise awareness for heart disease, stroke, and high blood pressure, as well as recognize warning signs and learn life-saving skills in the event of an emergency.
In support of these national awareness campaigns, CPR Choice will be offering a Family & Friends CPR class to the public at their Knoxville location, this Friday, February 6th at 5:30 pm in conjunction with American Heart Association’s (AHA) National Wear Red Day and in support of the Go Red for Women campaign. Don’t forget to wear RED. Space is limited. Pre-registration is required.
In 2004, the American Heart Association (AHA) created Go Red for Women® campaign to provide education, support and increase funding for heart disease and treatment. One of the major events from the Go Red for Women® campaign includes the National Wear Red Day®! Every year since the National Wear Red Day® was introduced Americans are challenged to wear red, paint your community red, and create activities to focus on helping save women’s lives through support, research and funding.
The AHA can boast about some major shifts in the lives of women since their program was developed.
Here are a few accomplishments:
- Almost 90% of women have made at least one healthy modification
- Exercise has increased and weight has been lost
- Fewer women are dying from heart disease and stroke
- Death rates have decreased by more than 30%
Continue this tradition by helping us raise awareness to end this killer of women. Celebrate National Wear Red Day® with Go Red for Women® on Friday, Feb 6, 2015. It’s easy and fun to participate and the best part is help give back to your family and community.
Here’s some ways you can help:
- Wear RED to show your support!
- Share your RED! Use the hashtag #GoRed on all social media
- Donate to help raise money for awareness and research.
- Learn CPR and AED Functionality -CPR Choice is your source to learn the skills needed to save a life! It is a very small price to pay versus watching the ones you love pass in front of you. Sign up for a CPR course in Knoxville or the Tri-Cities today! Teaching CPR is more than our job; it is saving lives.
Visit GoRedforWomen.org for more information including fundraising, how to donate and utilize free tools and resources to make this National Wear Red Day® the best one yet!