Spread the Love
Part of our mission is to “Save Lives” and we take it very seriously. Every year we participate in several charity events to try and help save the lives of others. We try to make giving one of the cornerstones of our company. We donate to local churches, scout troops and many other non-profits through out the year. This holiday season we have chose to do a peanut butter drive for our local food bank, Second Harvest.
Helping Those in Need
According to Second Harvest Food Bank, 1 in 6 people in East Tennessee lives in poverty and has difficulty meeting basic needs. Second Harvest is trying to change that statistic in 18 East Tennessee counties and WE WANT TO HELP. Second Harvest Food Bank is the East Tennessee region’s largest hunger-relief charity. The food bank secures and distributes over 16 million pounds of food and grocery products annually through a network of over 500 partnering non-profit organizations such as food pantries, soup kitchens, emergency shelters and schools.
Why Peanut Butter?
Many food banks refer to peanut butter as creamy gold and is greatly sought after by 2nd Harvest. It is highly valued, prime food product because it is packed with essential nutrients and provides a good combination of protein, carbohydrate and fats. Peanut butter also has a long shelf life and it makes giving easy and affordable.
How can I help?
- Tell your friends–make an event out of it! Announce it at your school, church, gym, neighborhood or collect it at your upcoming holiday parties.
- Collect lots of peanut butter-get your kids involved. What a great way to help teach them generosity. My kids are I walking the neighborhood with our little red wagon.
- Drop off peanut butter donations at our new West Knoxville office by December 20th;
9111 Cross Park Dr Bldg D200, Knoxville TN 37923
- Bring a jar of peanut butter to your upcoming CPR class and get $5 off
This holiday season please help us Spread the Love! No one should have to go hungry. Please exercise your heart by reaching down and lifting up those in need.
We are continuing to collect Peanut Butter at our CPR classes in Knoxville.
Come learn CPR and donate!
As you are busy prepping for a Thanksgiving feast with family and friends, CPR Choice wants to wish you a day filled with love and memories! Thanksgiving Day in the south is a house full of family and friends enjoying a full menu including turkey, ham and all the fixings and a day focused on all the things you are thankful for and sometimes take for granted.
To help our family focus on the quality of our time together, we set some family goals that will hopefully become tradition for Thanksgiving weekend and we wanted to share:
- Disconnect- Make a pact with your family to avoid all technology, only exception is to call and wish someone a Happy Thanksgiving. Take the time to actually interact, be engaged and catch up with your family and friends.
- Cook together- We think this is a wonderful opportunity to spend quality time with loved ones and even pick up some tricks in the kitchen. Allow your children the opportunity to help with cooking too and build some sweet bonds that will last a lifetime.
- Take pictures- We love photos and documenting our time together! Capture the kitchen moments, the naps and the crowd around the TV watching football!
- Play games/watch movie- create a tradition to watch a movie together every season and/or play a family game. Again this is a great way to make some memories, especially with children
- Nap- Don’t forget to rest & cuddle with your loved ones! If you have the opportunity, create a stress free situation where you and your family can be completely relaxed. Our worlds move at such a fast pace, take advantage of some down time with the folks you love.
- Make a plan to give back- supporting our community is important to CPR Choice and we want our entire family to be involved in helping “give back”. Our plans for the next year include focusing on volunteer opportunities in our community, helping our local food banks, and supporting local Christmas charities. Currently we are collecting peanut butter for 2nd harvest food bank. Bring a jar of PB to class and get a $5 discount!
CPR Choice challenges you to set some goals for you and your family this year too! Happy Thanksgiving from our CPR Choice family to yours!