Boost Your Immune System Naturally
Seems like everyone around you is SICK! How can you strengthen your immune system’s defense again viruses and bacterial infections that cause conditions like the common cold or flu. We know everyone will and can get sick, even the healthiest people. We wanted to share a few ways to support your immune system the natural way.
- 8 hours of sleep is a requirement! Sleep helps the body regulate the immune system. It’s critical you get enough rest before you get sick.
- Focus on hygiene. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, washing your hands is the best way to steer clear of an illness. Washing your hands should take you at least 15-20 seconds, using warm water and soap. Seems silly to remind you, but you should always wash your hands prior to preparing food or eating and after you cough, sneeze or use the restroom.
- Relieve your stress. Studies have shown that prolonged stress has a negative impact on a person’s immune system. Incorporate stress relieving techniques in your daily routine – those can include yoga, meditation or cuddling with a loved one.
- Moderate exercise is the key! Working out on a regular basis can help mobilize your T cells, which are a type of white blood cells known to guard the body against infections. Moderate exercise includes a brisk walk for an average of about 30 minutes a day. Easy enough and not only fights against illness, but also helps you stay fit and mentally in balance.
- Diet- seems like it all comes down to what we eat! Antioxidants are essential to supporting our immune systems. Antioxidants fight the free radicals, which are chemical by products know to damage DNA and suppress the immune system. To continue to fight the free radicals- make sure your diet is rich in fruits and vegetables. Also for another immune boost, add garlic and ginger to your diet. Garlic has virus-fighting and bacteria-killing properties, while ginger is a natural anti-inflammatory. And don’t forget the importance of water! It helps keep infections at bay by flushing out your system.
CPR Choice cares about your well-being. Incorporate these tips into your every day to help you stay healthy!