Month: June, 2015
The statistics are unimaginable….without an AED, approximately 95% of heart attacks on golf courses are fatal. According to the American Heart Association, golf courses have become the most common place for a heart attack making AEDS or automated external defibrillators a necessity in every club house.
Sudden cardiac arrest, or SCA, is the leading cause of death in the United States. SCA occurs when the heart stops beating, which stops the blood from flowing throughout the body. The risk for SCA increases with age and men are about 3 times more likely to experience SCA than women.
Here are some signs to look for
- Chest pains
- Shortness of breath
- Prior to fainting or losing consciousness, some may experience a racing heartbeat or a dizzy feeling
- Loss of consciousness or fainting
- No heartbeat of pulse
- Call 911! Have someone in your group call 9-1-1 and retrieve the AED. If you are alone on the golf course with your buddy, call 9-1-1 first and get an AED if possible.
- Are they breathing? If NO, start CPR immediately! Use an AED as soon as possible.
- Continue CPR until the individual starts breathing or until medical support arrives.
How Can Your Golf Club Prepare:
All golf clubs should have AED’s in their clubhouses and there should be portable devices located throughout the course. When you check in for your tee time—ask where their AEDs are located so you’ll be prepared in the event of an emergency. Also this is a great opportunity to make sure that everyone is CPR certified in your golfing group.
As a reminder, if an AED is used within 5 minutes of a Sudden Cardiac collapse the survival rates are approximately 70% as compared to the 5% survival rate without one! Golf courses are listed as the top places in which cardiac arrests can occur. Be informed and inform your favorite golf club about why an AED is important!
CPR Choice is your go-to place for AEDs and CPR certification training. We sell state of the art AEDs to families and businesses and provide support on training, as well as maintenance requirements. We also offer convenient CPR, First Aid and AED classes all over Knoxville and the surrounding counties. Visit our website at www.cprchoice.com for additional information on AEDs and our class schedules.
Our mission is saving lives! We continuously strive to be the best CPR Provider in the region by offering quality training that is engaging, convenient and fun for everyone. To help make CPR easy, CPR Choice offers:
- Convenient Locations– CPR Choice prides itself on offering classes all over the Knoxville and surrounding counties. We offer classroom training at our Knoxville Training Center, as well as classes in the following areas:
- Lenoir City
- Oak Ridge
We also offer on-site training. Gather a group of 8 or more and we’ll come to you. We can accommodate any size group and we have worked with some of the largest companies in Knoxville.
- Flexible Schedules– We offer classes consistently all over Knoxville and the surrounding counties. Our Knoxville Training Center schedules classes each week & offers weekend options too. We can also accommodate any last minute training needs. With our organizational structure, we can offer classes for any shifts for your employees and/or businesses.
- State of the Art Equipment– Our modern and up-to-date equipment offer students hands on training with life-like manikins to provide visual feedback regarding compression depths and speed. We have over 50 manikins in inventory, offering all our students an opportunity to have practical experience
- Wide Variety of classes– Our classes include:
- Basic Life Support BLS for Healthcare Providers
- Heartsaver ® CPR AED
- Heartsaver ® First Aid CPR AED
- Heartsaver ® Pediatric CPR/AED & First Aid
- Family & Friends ® CPR
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- BLS for Healthcare Providers Skills Check
- BLS for Healthcare Providers Challenge
- Online Training (Blended Learning)
- ASHI Emergency Oxygen Administration
Starting July 2015, we will also be adding ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support) and PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) to our curriculum. Continue to check our website for new class offerings, www.cprchoice.com.
- We make it FUN! We deliver quality training with the most experienced instructors in the area, boasting a combined 85 years’ experience in CPR and safety training. Our staff members are passionate about their job and incorporates their real-life training knowledge into the class room offering a fun, engaging and informative experience.
Visit our website www.CPRChoice.com to learn more about our locations, classes and our team! We would love to see YOU in a CPR class soon!